Doula Zee ❤️
The word DOULA derives from the Greek word meaning woman caregiver. Today we use the word to describe a trained professional labour companion providing the woman and her partner continuous emotional, physical and informational support before, during and just after childbirth.
I am a DONA trained birth doula. As I was switching careers, I became very interested in birth and felt drawn to helping mamas feel confident, prepared and empowered before and during labour. I believe in listening to what your body tells you and that in birth a woman's body knows what to do. As every birth and circumstance is different, this may not mean 'natural' is the only way to birth. But by helping take away distractions, any fears and providing positive support, the woman can be guided to listening to her body for a positive experience. Although my previous career was very different in many ways, there are many aspects of being an athlete that I can draw upon to help you through this wonderful journey.
As your doula, I am there for you and your partner to support you in your birthing journey. My goal is to assist in you in having a memorable and empowering birth regardless of which options you choose. After all, this is your birth!
Key Facts to know:
Stats show that labouring mothers with a doula, compared to those without a labour companion are:
* 34% less likely to rate their childbirth experience negatively
* 31% less likely to use synthetic oxytocin to speed up labour
* 28% reduction in use of pain medication
* 28% less likely to have a cesarean section
* Reduces length of labour
What I CAN provide:
* I work for the parents, not the hospital or caregiver.
* emotional support
* physical comfort support (relaxation, massage techniques)
* advocacy, informational support, objective viewpoint, assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to make an informed decision
* partner support
* client confidentiality
What I CANNOT provide:
* perform medical/clinical care (taking blood pressure/temperature, fetal heart rate tone checks, vaginal examinations...)
* make decisions for you, but can help gather and supply relevant information enabling you to make an informed decision.
* speak to the staff on your behalf
My Doula Services:
* Initial consultation - lets meet, outline the services offered, ask questions, see if we are a good fit.
* 2-4 prenatal visits - if we decide to work together, we will meet to discuss topics such as your birth ideals, what might be expected, a walk through labour, resources available to you, your expectations of our role, comfort measures and also continue to get to know each other.
* Telephone support
* Twenty-four hour on-call availability for your birth, and continuous labour support once in active labour, until after the birth of your baby.
* Final visit - after the birth of your baby we will meet again, discuss the labour and birth, admire your baby, as well as to bring any pictures, your birth story and formally complete our relationship.
If you would like to know more or book a consultation please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org